jueves, 18 de agosto de 2011

Introducing my blog :)


Hey there! Well people, as you may notice (since this is my first publication), I’m new with all this ‘blog thing’, so please be patient with me. Now, let’s get serious. The main reason I started this blog is because my English teacher asked me to, BUT maybe I’ll keep uploading more stuff when I’m done with my main purpose: finish this project.  Please don’t start getting bored just by knowing this blog is meant for work, because I’ll my best to make it as interesting as I can, hope you’ll enjoy it since the beginning. Finally, getting to the point, what I’m asked to do for the project is to keep posting about a certain topic and will be (rumbling drums)……, ART HEISTS! Cool, right? Well, I’m not going to lie to you, I’m not actually familiarized with the topic, actually I’m almost out of tune in this area, but I’ll keep investigating about it and then I’ll pass my wisdom to you through this blog, so if I’m wrong with some information I post, don’t be afraid of commenting! I’ll love to learn new things, especially if that information actually corrects something I’m mistaken with.
O.K. Now, with my purpose and super explanation of what this is all going to be about, let’s start with the topic. First of all, as the words say, art heist is the act of stealing art, but the most common art stolen have been paintings, so as we may go on with the blog, I’ll tell some of the most impressive art heists there have happened so far. The reason why art heists happen may vary, depending on thieves’ necessities, of course I’m not justifying their acts, but despite that we may not understand why a piece of art is that much important that people really care about it not getting stolen, so that we can get this a little better I’ll give you these information I found out in guardian.co.uk, a U.K . online newspaper that shows about some of the most important art heist till so far… “The Gardner art heist remains the most audacious art theft in history, with works worth up to $500m (£350m) stolen and the mystery still unsolved.” £350m! That’s a huge amount of money, so now you can get why does this kind of things happens. The most audacious theft in history! Amazing. So, next week I’ll post some other interesting thing, I hope you’ll enjoy it!

5 comentarios:

  1. Just something else for my teacher: 412 words, and here’s the bibliography.


    Iqbal, Nosheen. guardian.co.uk. Thursday 19 de February de 2009. .

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hi my dear classmate Stephany! Well first of all, I really liked the way you decorated your blog (mine ended up looking a little boring, by the way). I also liked the way you show your own point of view in your post without loosing objectivity about the subject you are going to talk about this semester.
    I think you have a really interesting topic! Personally I really like art, and I also like mysterious things, so “Art Heists” is a theme that will keep me reading your blog frequently. I think it’s really fascinating when we think about what happened with all this art that has been stolen through history… Maybe these pieces were sold to some rich people who now have a unique, inestimable, and obviously stolen piece of art in their houses. Or maybe they were just destroyed. Who knows?
    I think the art heist you mentioned is very interesting! I read about it some time ago. It’s unbelievable how two people can get into a museum and steal 13 art pieces worth almost 500 million dollars without being caught. And the worst thing is that this happened 20 years ago! I really can’t understand how only two men got 13 art pieces out of a museum without anyone seeing them, but I can also say this is a tremendous example of cleverness and audacity. Imagine what this two people are doing now… They are probably living the good life and laughing because no one ever caught them in 20 years.
    I can’t wait to read your next post Stephany!
    263 Words.
    Alejandra Treviño Lozano A01280206

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Why defeating dragons? I actually thought that it was a blog about defeating dragons hahahahah, but now I realize it's for "ART HEISTS", I really didn’t knew what it meant but it looks interesting, I really want to know what are you going to talk about this subject.... Are you going to teach us how to steal "art"? hahah that would be kind of awesome, and kind of weird at same the time. It looks like an interesting and unusual subject and really specific in some way, but I´m really looking forward to it, and to learn more about this because I actually never heard about someone stealing paintings, or sculptures, etc. Hope you do a great work, because I´m really looking forward to read this blog.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Dear Epy]:
    I agree with Ale is a very interesting theme and more because how you may be able to steal without being detected arts. Steal so much money on paints wow is too amazed, I think your blog will be very interesting and I swear I'll come every week to read your blog because you will put some very interesting cases about ART HEISTS and this will not be bored, so no be afraid.
    75words Carolina Perez A01280135

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Epy, what an interesting topic you have chosen. No doubt about it, I will be one of your readers.
    I had never thought what happens after someone steals an artwork.
    Reading about all these world heritage lost paintings (perhaps only admired by a few millionaires) makes me want to know more about the topic.
    I wish you could write about how they can sell these pieces of art in the black market, because it is not known how they steal them and less how and who buys them.
    I love your writing because I can almost feel that I am talking to you personally. Also, your posts are never boring and they make me want to read more and more.
    It shows that you have a lot of imagination. I can see it in the way you decorated your blog. It is amazing!
    I know that this part of your homework, but it seems that you really enjoy this. In fact, I think you have a gift for writing.
    I will be expected your next post!
    176 words Daniela Ramírez Ramos A01280558

    ResponderEliminar